Tuesday 22 July 2014

All's Well, End's Well

I can’t believe that time have pass so fast. It’s been 4 days since our on-ground event has officially ended. I feel so heavy-hearted to accept the fact that it has become a history now. At the same time, I’m glad that we, turtlebots actually managed to create a remarkable result, which is a total of 1346 phone, laptops and tablets collected to save the turtles. This requires the support and effort of everyone to make this happen. This also successfully reflects the  tagline our campaign, “Connecting Lives, Transforming Lives” which signifies the meaning of connecting human together to transform the lives of the sea turtles which are facing extinction now.

However, this recycling phones, laptops and tablets activity for turtle conserving effort should not stop right after this “RING A LIFE” campaign. This is because turtle conserving effort should be done continuously to ensure the long-term effect of the program. Therefore, I urge all of you, who are reading this, please donate your unwanted phones to the Microsoft recycling bin placed at Q block, TARUC if you still have any.

Despite on that, I would also like to share my personal thought to this “Ring A Life” campaign. I learnt a lot of things from this campaign because it is so different with the events we used to organize back in diploma. As a degree student, we are expected to work independently on ourselves. Although it might be time consuming as we need to figure things out and find solutions when we face any problems, it somehow brace us, or at least myself to face the reality world before we need to go into the industry. The boss doesn’t pay to teach you when you are at work, am I right?

Besides that, I also get to gain my exposure to this industry by representing “Ring A Life” campaign to attend a meeting with WWF-Malaysia for presentation. It was indeed an eye-opening experience because it literally gave me a shock when I get to feel it myself for the awesome working environment in WWF-Malaysia head quarter and how casual and friendly they are to each other in the work place.

The best thing I find that I have learn from this campaign is to work with new people and from there, gain more friends. I used to stay in my comfort zone and do things in my own way. Rigid, inflexible, stressful, perfect-oriented. This campaign made me meets more people who come from different classes and work together with them. So I realize everyone has their own way of doing things and I’m glad that we are fine in getting along with each other by far. I can still recall the first day when we are electing for the management team, I know none of them, except the familiar faces that we used to nod with each other when we meet in the lecture and I could barely speak to anyone. Now, I have 40 new friends in my university college. Aren’t this amazing? Hahaha

Gonna end this post with lots of pictures with them awesome turtlebots! 






Last but not least, one photo with our awesome Mr. Chuan!! 



Till then :)

By,

Ooi Yuet Yi 

No comments:

Post a Comment