Sunday 20 July 2014

Yes! We have successfully took the sea turtles back to their home!


Hello everyone, I am one of the turtlebots who named Clare Khoo Yiing Chyen and I am in charging in a game booth – Take Me Home. The concept of this game is to let the participants who bring the sea turtle back to their natural life which is the sea. As we know that sea turtles are about to extinct, humans have the right to conserve sea turtle to create a balance and healthy eco-system. Moreover, the learning outcome of this game is to create a strong awareness among TARUC students in order to involve themselves in this meaningful campaign. The badge which mentions that he or she will be the sea turtle hero might show their supports to this campaign.

            
First of all, there is only 1 player available in 1 game. The player needs to stand at the “X” point and use his or her mouth to blow the sea turtle to either 3 parts. The player who able to achieve the 3 parts which are the love shape, green sea and blue sea will be rewarded a gift. There are 3 chances given to all players within 1 minute. Besides, obstacles such as stone and plastic will make the game more challengeable for the entire sea turtles hero as the mirror of reality on the beach, there are full of rubbish. Once the sea turtle stopped by these obstacles, it considered as game over. Do you want me to demonstrate for you? Haha, please visit http://youtu.be/ukxOgm7gdCY (I can declare that I have the expertise for this game ^^)



For the 3 days on-ground event, quite a number of people visit to our campaign. I am happy with that as many people aware of our campaign and involve themselves to join this meaningful campaign. There are few funny things during the event especially I am handling this game booth – Take Me Home. After I explain the game instruction, there are a lot of people questioning me “Is it possible to blow to there ah?” or “OMG, are you sure there are people who able to do this?” In this moment, I am like a superwoman and propose myself to demonstrate for the player to show the fairness of the game. 


YES, I am able to blow the sea turtle to the goal – blue sea frequently. Again, do you want me do demonstrate for you? Please do visit http://youtu.be/ukxOgm7gdCY . After my demonstration, most of the players just like feeling “WOW” and some even clap for me (Thank You Very Muchieee). Be honest, actually this game seems like very easy but you need to have some technique to win it.  First, you have to focus the sea turtle and the path that you want to blow. Secondly, for sure you need to blow harder. Thirdly, you need to put your image away first; blow as hard as you can and focus your mouth gas, then you can easily win the game then become sea turtle hero! (Just like me, ignore my image first then just blooowww it harder J) But a very funny thing, since 3pm onwards, I normally have no gas to blow anymore (Our campaign start from 9am to 5pm), thanks to my partner @Enrique Fok assist me while I am exhausted. He also the one who able to do this! Although super fatigue, but it is worth for me to involve in this meaningful campaign and interact with a lot of friendly and cute participants.

          
As last, I would like to express my appreciation to all my family, friends, relatives and lecturers who show support and help me so much, I'm much obliged to you for helping us. Thanks for my lovely crews for helping to take care of my booth when I am away, thanks for my friends and lecturers who purposely come and visit us and donate their precious old phones, laptop and tablet, especially credit to Mr Julius Ang Sze Yen, Thanks for supporting me and your kind donation, love you so much. Moreover, I would like to thank for our campaign advisor Ms Lim Siz Siz for guiding us in order to make our event going smoothly. Finally our campaign comes to an end, although I am exhausted but I really likes event! Dear turtlebots, we done a great job! Our hard work and sweat turned into the number 1346 J Ring A Life rocks!!!



Written by,
Khoo Yiing Chen (Clare)

No comments:

Post a Comment