Friday 25 July 2014

"Ring A Life" observer

“Ring A life” campaign has ended at 2014 July 18. From this campaign, I still have the feeling of “Wow…ended already? Seem like I’m not tired for this yet.” Everyone has done their great job for this campaign. I definitely can see that everyone has paid their best effort to make the campaign in success.

Sound weird right? It sounds like I am not involving myself in this campaign. Well, not really, besides that I work hard in my department, I had taken part as observer throughout this campaign.

As observer, I must change my point of view to third party view. With third party view, I can realize that thing is different from those who involve in this campaign. Let’s talk about my result in this process of campaign.

From the beginning, the first issue was to form a committee group to handle this campaign. We had followed the western culture which is chosen the committee based on their abilities instead of choose with person who they are close with. However, when choosing team members for each department, if the members choose the department which is full of their class members and that will cause lack of man power during the campaign day.

Commonly, conflict in between group members will happen in any campaign. But in our campaign, members had reduced the conflict with effective communication. For example, from the beginning of few weeks, there is confusion among members about the activities of the campaign. But in a short period of time, committee had realized and started to change the way of communication and finally led to success of the campaign.
During the campaign, I can see that most of us are sacrificing their time just to work for our “Ring A Life” campaign. They had sacrificed their lunch time just to cover the short of man power, had their food in the booth and didn’t take care of the image of themselves; woke up early to college to touch up the endless damage on the booths; came out with new unending ideas about the activities and a lot more were sacrificed by the members.

From my view, I am happy of being one of the members in “Ring a Life”. All of our members are team player, kind, funny, and in positive characteristic. We work hard play hard in our campaign; we help each other in order to achieve a success of our campaign; we amended our mistake promptly; we are proud with our campaign.


As observer, I can see from a different view and get to know more from different point of view. But I couldn’t really enjoy myself as other members had but I enjoy being observed from other side of campaign.


Written by,
Wind Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment