Wednesday 9 July 2014

Flash Mob Practice

Hello, I am a Turtlebot. I have been practicing flash mob every Friday morning from 9 to 11. Even though is only a short two hours, I can say that is the moments that I could feel fun and relaxed. In the entire semester of “Yr.2 Sem.3, 2014”, we are pushed to meet tight deadlines for our per-semester campaign, thesis assessments and other assignments. Everyone has to adapt to certain stressfulness but I have been pretty much enjoying our campaign, especially during the mentioned flash mob practice. We are practicing three songs for this flash mob, first is the “Ringa Linga”, “I Will Survive” and “That Power” by Justin Bieber. These three songs have their own sense uniqueness, because the steps of which we are dancing for every one of these songs will convey different expressions and contours as to what our audiences could feel.

            Some of the steps can be really difficult to learn, but fortunately other lovely Turtlebots are willing to teach and guide (well said: Sharing is caring). I am extremely pleasured that I have been joining the flash mob. If I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have the chance to mix around and get to know other Turtlebots who are from different tutorial classes. I must say, they are very friendly people with a really great sense of humour. We always shared happy moments together where we laughed during our practice sessions with no apparent ends. Of course, when it comes to the serious matters, we are able to behave maturely and straighten things up by giving necessary suggestions.

            As time passes, “RING A LIFE” (our campaign) is just around the corner. *Just a reminder: 16th, 17th, 18th July at TAR UC canteen 2* I AM SO EXCITED!!! You see, the rest of our crew had been practicing for the flash mob every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday just to make sure all of us are able to remember the steps of each song along with its consistencies. Two of our flash mob leaders had pledged in a lot of effort to teach and coordinate the group’s every step in the dances. The two leaders would also do their best to explain and guide us through in meticulous details when it comes to certain dance steps which some of our members would sometimes face trouble with.

This is the first time I have joined a flash mob for a campaign, and I found that it is really interesting. I am very thankful that I am one of the Turtlebots who is involved in organizing this very meaningful campaign, “RING A LIFE”. I must mention, this will be one of the most memorable parts in my life during college. Now, I am given the opportunity to recollect all the memorable times which I have lost for not spending time frequently with my course-mates during my Diploma program prior to today. I AM A TURTLEBOT, I WILL DEFINETELY RULE MY DEGREE LIFE WITH NO REGRETS!

            With strong hopes that all of us Turtlebots will be able to do our best in the flash mob to RING more awareness from TAR UC students with relevance to our “RING A LIFE” campaign. As we know, practice makes perfect and we will keep up with our practices with high spirits until the day of our actual campaign arrives. I wish all the best to our flash mob crew, Turtlebots. WE CAN DO IT!!!! 

written by: 
Thum Pui Yee (Joey Dong Dong)


No comments:

Post a Comment