Tuesday 22 July 2014

Information of sea turtles booth


Firstly, Ring A Life campaign finally ended with a good number of phones - 1346!! Before the campaign we did put a lot of effort on the activity. I decided to join activity department and choose sea turtle information booth. I am in charge of 3 soft boards and it is all about information of sea turtle. I am trying my best to make a better way for the audience in gaining interest to get the information about sea turtle. In Malaysia, we have 4 types of sea turtles which are Leatherback turtle, Green Turtle, Hawksbill turtle, and Olive Ridley turtle. Let me roughly explain about the 4 types of sea turtles. Leatherback turtle is the largest sea turtle. It can dive much deeper than any other marine turtle. But Olive Ridley turtle is the smallest among all marine turtles and it only has 35-50 kg. Another 2 Hawksbill turtle and Green turtle are also getting extinct.  



Next, move to another information booth that I want to talk about is sea turtle life cycle. Life cycle is showing how the cute sea turtles start to hatch, climb to the sea, and until they become an adult sea turtle to lays eggs.
During the 3 days “Ring A life” campaign, I’ve explained to many audience and some of them are very interested to know more about sea turtle. In the first information which is 4 types of sea turtle, some of the audience ask me question such as which type of the sea turtles appeared on the “Finding Nemo” movie? At the first time I do not know the answer, but after that, there are few audiences told me the answer and I only know that Green turtle is appeared on the “Finding Nemo” movie. In the second part of the life cycle information booth, they would like to ask me about questions such as how many eggs can sea turtles lay and how many days needed for baby sea turtles to hatch.

This is Green Turtle from "Finding Nemo"

During on ground campaign, I know and make new friends. Some audience we do also exchange out knowledge and know more about sea turtle. I am really happy that I can be part of “Ring A life” campaign, I learned a lot from each other and also improved myself.  As the quote "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." --Helen Keller. I also want to thanks my members who help me to do the information booth together, I am really happy to work with all of the members.

Lastly, we did it! We hit the target 1346 phones. Indirectly we have saved 1346 sea turtles for each phone collected from "Ring A Life" campaign. What an amazing number and good memory for us! We are the TURTLEBOTS! Lets Ring A life! 


Written by,
Yuan Wah

No comments:

Post a Comment